EMCOR UK was asked by this customer to propose an alternative solution to their incumbent vendor. Financial accountability was a particular problem and the catering service was poorly regarded by customers.
- Change of structure: The catering team was integrated with EMCOR UK as a single point of contact.
- Change of management style: Away from a distanced supplier relationship and towards an integrated partnership.
- Change of food style: Fresh food—locally sourced where possible.
- Customer communication strategy: To give customers a voice that was heard and responded to.
- Open book financial accountability.
- An aware and involved steering group has been empowered to responsibly use tariff strategies to stimulate healthy eating regimes and benefit financially from the elimination of single-use plastics.
About the Customer
This customer is the UK's leading provider of air traffic control services and handles 2.4 million flights and 250 million passengers in UK airspace annually.