- Leading FM provider recognises World Mental Health Day, 10 Oct 2018 with a focused week that underscores initiatives regarding how the company puts wellbeing at the heart of its agenda
- EMCOR UK shared its expertise regarding the link between wellbeing and well-building with UK business leaders during leading Mental Health conference, Mad World London Summit, 9 Oct 2018
10 October 2018, London: Leading facilities management provider EMCOR UK continues to example its commitment to workplace wellbeing through a week-long focus on various initiatives designed to instil best practice within its organisation and raise awareness of the importance of positive employee mental health and wellbeing as a bridge between wellbeing and well-building and productivity on the occasion of World Mental Health Day on Wednesday 10th October.
EMCOR UK, through its partnership with charity, Mind™, has a long history of support and initiating activities linked to wellbeing, both within its business and through its relationships with customers. But the efforts of the company to support the issue of wellbeing have culminated this year and are by far the most significant to-date, with initiatives that include the following:
- For its 4,000 (est.) employees, EMCOR UK will be promoting its participation in the ‘Time to Change Think Twice’ campaign; calling on people to ‘Ask Twice’ if they suspect a friend, family member or colleague might be struggling with their mental health and encouraging them to help each other open up.
- To mark the midway point of its three-year collaboration with Mind, EMCOR UK has also launched its ‘Six Ways to Wellbeing’ campaign. Comprising ‘Connect, Be Active, Nourish, Take Notice, Keep Learning and Give,’ the initiative aims to provide the company’s employees with daily tips and advice on how to improve their wellbeing. The information will be provided in the form of daily communications, including a handy pocket guide.
- In the last two years over fifty EMCOR UK employees have undergone training to become a mental health first aider.The company has established a dedicated telephone helpline for EMCOR UK employees phone in, as a means to support their wellbeing.
- EMCOR UK hosted two roundtable events at the 2018 Mad World Summit in London on Tuesday 9th October. Attended by 450 (est.) peoples from 1000+ companies, the event was designed to put mental health at the heart of the business agenda, combining best-practice learning with the most exciting ideas driving future innovation in cultivating positive workplace environments. EMCOR UK’s Jonathan Gawthrop, Senior Operations Director, and Jeremy Campbell, Business Development Director, led discussions on “How to change organisational behaviour and workplace cultures for better workplace mental health and wellbeing”—focusing on the correlation between wellbeing and well-building, and “How organisations who support employee mental health and wellbeing can start to bridge the divide between wellbeing and productivity”.The timing was key: The Mad World event coincided with Secretary of State for Health and Social Care, Matt Hancock, launching the government’s ambition to put mental health on an equal footing to physical health across the world, at the first ever annual ministerial mental health summit in London on 9th October.
Keith Chanter, CEO, EMCOR UK, commented: “EMCOR UK remains committed to raising awareness of mental health and wellbeing in the workplace, as well as its effects on business productivity. We are steadfast for our support of Mind™ and are looking forward to continuing to share our knowledge and expertise with employees, customers, and the industry.”
EMCOR UK provides facilities management services for a diverse range of private and public sector organisations.